Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) diced peaches, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- Whipped cream, caramel ice cream topping, confectioners' sugar or additional peaches, optional
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Combine peaches and cinnamon; spoon down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chimmies for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- Garnish with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel topping, dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with additional peaches if desired.
Nutrition FactsNutritional Analysis: 1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 225 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Oct 12, 2010
These things are fantastic! I used blueberry pie filling instead of peaches, and I used 10" flour tortillas because thats what I had on hand. Deep fried in Canola oil for about 1 minute per side, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream... WOW!! Ice cream is optional, they would be great without it too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.