- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add beef and gravy; cook and stir until heated through. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread each with horseradish; top with beef mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOpen-Faced Beef Sandwiches
"Delicious! I loved these and so did the kids; I left the horseradish off their sandwiches."
"These were super easy. My husband loved it. Mushrooms might be a nice addition to saute with the onions and garlic. Be sure to add the garlic a couple minutes after the onions because it cooks so much faster and can burn easily (yuck!). I used 1 Tbsp. olive oil instead of the butter and that worked fine. I wish there was a way to make it less salty."