- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup canola oil
- Combine the first six ingredients. To make dressing, pulse next seven ingredients in a blender, covered, until well mixed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forMerry Berry Salad
"Really good salad. Even had some ingredients I hadn't thought of and I make a lot of salads. Nicest thing about the recipe is that even if you didn't happen to have everything at home you could manage. Very versatile."
"Everyone loves this salad."
"We love this salad! The cranberry viniagrette is simple to make and is simply delicious. This salad has become a Christmas dinner tradition for us, but is wonderful anytime, especially the holiday season. This year I was running very late and didn't have time to make the dressing, so I substituted store-bought raspberry viniagrette. It was not quite as tasty as the cranberry dressing, but still very good!"
"This is a great salad! The combination of sweet and tart is just right. I have also made the dressing with thawed raspberries when I couldn't find fresh cranberries in the store. It was delicious that way. I almost prefer the raspberries."
"This is a WONDERFUL salad! I have served it twice now to rave reviews and many requests for the recipe. It is beautiful to look at and tastes fantastic. The cranberry vinaigrette is perfectly delightful. I mixed fresh spinach and Romaine for the greens. Please try it!"
"This recipe has become a Christmas tradition at our house its combination of red and green, tart and sweet with nutty roasted almond crunch is the perfect balance of healthy and festive for the holiday. I make the dressing a few days a ahead and then put the remaining ingredients together in a snap on Christmas Eve!"