Maple-Glazed Grilled Salmon
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, skin side down, over medium-hot heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17 in. x 21 in.). Spoon some of the reserved marinade over salmon. Fold foil around fillet and seal tightly. Grill 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open slowly to allow steam to escape. Brush with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 254 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jul 19, 2015
A family favorite! I use the maple syrup my dad makes and it's always moist and delicious.
May 19, 2013
Sticky, but yummy!
Jul 21, 2012
I make this for club meetings/gathers and everyone always wants the recipe. It is a salmon that I make as both an entree and as an appetizer served with crackers.
Jul 7, 2012
This was delicious! Absolutely a keeper with my family, very easy to make too!
May 11, 2012
Absolutely the best!
Jul 25, 2011
This was one of the most delicious salmon recipes that we've tried. The glaze is absolutely delicious and it came out really nice on the grill.
Jan 30, 2010
We eat salmon frequently and this sounds like a delicious change from how I prepare it. Since it's a fatty fish, I have never had it come out dry. Maybe overcooked?
Jan 30, 2010
Because I don't have a grill I baked it at 350 for 25 minutes. It turned out very good.
Oct 2, 2009
This is the worst recipe I have ever tried from Taste of Home - grilled salmon. You MUST add some type of fat! Fish was dry and pretty tasteless. Angelizz10
Sep 22, 2009
Our favourite way to cook salmon
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.