Caramel Glazed Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and cayenne; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, butter and dill. Place salmon skin side down on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Brush half of the glaze mixture over fillets. Broil 7-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 351 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Dec 10, 2016
We love this salmon recipe. A word of caution. This is one case where broiling cannot be swapped for grilling. Sauce caused excessive flare ups. I found out the hard way the 2nd time I made this recipe.
Nov 10, 2014
everyone enjoyed it. Didn't put in the cayenne pepper.
Apr 8, 2014
We really enjoyed this salmon recipe. I used spicy brown mustard because I didn't have any Dijon mustard.
Mar 17, 2014
Good solid recipe. Always looking for ways to spruce up salmon which gets so dull, but it's so affordable!
Feb 18, 2014
Excellent recipe. I used grainy mustard. I also added 1tsp of maple syrup. I served a spinach salad with a raspberry dressing. Very nice. Janet
Dec 13, 2012
Used spicy brown mustard instead of Dijon because that is what I had on hand and only had about 1/3 teaspoon of dill. I still really enjoyed it and would like to make it again with the full amount of dill.
Mar 23, 2012
We live in Alaska, so we eat a lot of salmon! This recipe was fantastic!! Great salmon flavor, and so easy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.