- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Mix parsley and lemon peel; sprinkle over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Parsley Baked Cod
"I'm not too much of a cod fan. This recipe didn't win me over."
"I, too, found the fish soggy after pouring on the additional lemon/butter. Also felt that there was too much butter than was necessary, but found the lemon flavor spot on. All and all, would prefer other recipes to this one."
"Great recipe; even good leftover the next day in a sandwich!"
"I really liked this recipe, other than the fact that it was a bit too lemony for me. I will try this again without the lemon peel. I like another reviewer's suggestion of using panko too!"
"I really enjoyed it, but my husband did not. I think the lemon flavor was too strong. I think I would try again, and not pour the extra lemon butter over the top."
"I made this without flour. I mixed the ingredients into the butter and brushed it on and then poured the rest of the mixture into the pan. It came out great. It was a tad too buttery for me, but that's just me."
"Amazing! I used panko instead of flour and I ended up using 1/2 C. I followed everything else in the recipe. It was delicious. Served with boiled butter and parsley potatoes and spinach. Will be adding this recipe to my list of meals I make regularly."
"This was SO tasty and a HUGE surprise to me, given how simple the recipe seemed. Husband asked for it again the next week!"