- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Mix parsley and lemon peel; sprinkle over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Parsley Baked Cod
"I made this for my dinner and it was excellent I must try this again"
"We loved this! Nice lemony flavor. I sprinkled a little additional smoked paprika on top. The fish baked beautifully and the butter and flour made a yummy sauce. I mistakenly added the lemon peel and parsley to the flour mixture, but it still came out great. Don't forget to drizzle the remaining butter mixture over the fish before baking. It makes the dish!Volunteer Field Editor"
"Good lemon flavor. I would prefer it to be crispier and would try Panko crumbs next time."
"This fish has fantastic flavor and everyone loved it. Personally i wish the coating had at least some crispness. Will definitely make again"
"The flavours are decent however the mixture on the floured fish make it have a grainy texture. I think it would have been better to fry the cod up then top it with the sauce or not use any flour if you decide to bake it."
"Very tasty recipe! I almost forgot to pour the rest of the butter/lemon juice mix over the fish before putting in the oven but it turns out that is an essential step to get the lemony flavor. At the end of baking, the butter and lemon juice had thickened up a bit from the flour coating on the fish and putting a little bit on top of the fish is what really made it delicious!!! Without it, only a 2 or 3 star recipe. I only used a pound of fish and I think for the amount of fish this recipe calls for I would increase butter and lemon juice by a tablespoon each. And if you want a crispy coating, maybe some panko and melted butter on the fish would crisp it up a bit."
"Nice flavor and easy to make. have lemon juice at room temp."
"Good. Very easy."
"I Didn’t make any changes. easy and delicious."
"I'm not too much of a cod fan. This recipe didn't win me over."