- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Mix parsley and lemon peel; sprinkle over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Parsley Baked Cod
"Nice flavor and easy to make. have lemon juice at room temp."
"Good. Very easy."
"I Didn’t make any changes. easy and delicious."
"I'm not too much of a cod fan. This recipe didn't win me over."
"I, too, found the fish soggy after pouring on the additional lemon/butter. Also felt that there was too much butter than was necessary, but found the lemon flavor spot on. All and all, would prefer other recipes to this one."
"Great recipe; even good leftover the next day in a sandwich!"
"I really liked this recipe, other than the fact that it was a bit too lemony for me. I will try this again without the lemon peel. I like another reviewer's suggestion of using panko too!"
"I really enjoyed it, but my husband did not. I think the lemon flavor was too strong. I think I would try again, and not pour the extra lemon butter over the top."
"I made this without flour. I mixed the ingredients into the butter and brushed it on and then poured the rest of the mixture into the pan. It came out great. It was a tad too buttery for me, but that's just me."