Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled pasta mixture to freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little tomato sauce if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1.330 cups: 317 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 29, 2020
I added double italian spices and 2 TB of tomato paste to thicken it up. I also used whole wheat pasta to up the fiber.
Oct 3, 2019
This is easier to make than it is good and it's really good. For that reason, I gave it a 5 I topped it with avocado slices. This will be a go-to recipe for those late nights when I need to make something quick and would still like it to be palatable. Thanks for sharing!
Jul 16, 2019
Love it ! I added extra Italian seasoning also added garlic
Feb 10, 2019
Easy to make, needed more seasoning.
May 11, 2018
This is delicious! I added some salt and pepper and a tablespoon of soy sauce (careful-soy sauce has salt in it too) to the mixture before adding the penne and zuchinni, then sprinkled real parmesan cheese on it when it was time to eat. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm!
Feb 11, 2018
Remenec, are you giving the 5 stars to your recipe? I'm sure that I am not the only one who would appreciate it if the reviews given would be for the recipe as stated.
Jan 10, 2018
Quick and delicious recipe! I used ground Italian sausage, and it was delicious. Also used pasta sauce in place of the stewed tomatoes and added a pinch of garlic. Tasted very summery with the zucchini, even though it's cold and snowy!
Sep 3, 2017
This was very good. I used pork sausage, added fresh onions and the zucchini to the skillet to cook it a bit before adding it to the pasta. After the pasta was cooked and drained, I added the tomatoes (Italian), the tomato sauce, the onion soup and Italian seasoning. When the sausage mixture was done, I added it to the pasta and let it simmer a few minutes so the seasonings could combine. It does not need any additional salt. I think it will be even better the second day.
Sep 2, 2017
I will make this again. I added some green pepper, garlic, and Parmesan cheese before serving.
Aug 31, 2017
Loved this recipe!