Skillet BBQ Beef Potpie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups cooked cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and 1/4 cup green onions over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in mixed vegetables, salsa and barbecue sauce; cook, covered, over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Layer stuffing over beef; sprinkle with cheese, red pepper and remaining green onion. Cook, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 634 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1372mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 9g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 21, 2017
4servings? More like 8-10. It was okay, don't understand the mix of ingredients though. Probably won't make again. Just okay.
Jun 13, 2017
Delicious and very quick to make! Great summer meal that doesn't use the oven!
Feb 1, 2017
My husband and I really liked this. I used frozen corn and peas, but had some fresh baby carrots leftover, so I steamed those then chopped them up. I used Stouffer's Stovetop Cornbread Stuffing. We loved the crunch of the peppers and onions on the top. I do think that it could use a tad more cheese, and a tad more of the salsa/bbq sauce. I think I might increase the sauce by about 1/8 cup each. Overally, a delicious meal that we'll make again!
Oct 31, 2015
Quick and easy! Tasted good and everyone liked it!
Nov 8, 2014
Will be making this again. Hubby LOVED it! Quick, easy, and different. I used ketchup instead of salsa to meet dietary needs, it still had lots of flavor.