Italian-Style Beef Liver
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef liver, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine flour and salt; toss with liver. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet, cook liver until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and celery in remaining oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add liver and heat through. Discard bay leaf.
- Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 21, 2019
Liver isn't a popular dish, I know. My mother has a recipe I LOVE that isn't like others, however, I wanted to try and find another way to prepare liver. This is the best recipe by far that I've ever found. My young family loves it and I'm happy to have it in my regular dinner rotation. It's simple and quick with ingredients I almost always have on hand. Thank You!
Mar 30, 2009
I have tried this recipe and shared it with friends. Everyone agrees that it is GREAT!