My grandmother made these pineapple treats for my brother and me when we were little. Today, the pops remain a cool and simple snack that delights kids of all ages. —Le Ann Kane of Forsyth, Illinois
Recommended: Favorite Summer Melon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices and quartered
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet ginger ale
- 24 maraschino cherries or fresh strawberries
- 24 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, water, orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate and sugar substitute. Stir in the bananas and ginger ale.
- Place a cherry in each cup; fill with pineapple mixture. Top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Icy Fruit Pops in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p25