Ham with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes20 servings (4-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (5 to 6 pounds)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Score the ham, making 1/2-in.-deep diamond shapes; insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cranberry sauce, garlic, mustard and pepper; pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°. Remove meat to a cutting board and keep warm; remove and discard cloves.
- Transfer sauce to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice ham and serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces ham with 3 tablespoons sauce: 176 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1218mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 5, 2015
I made this yesterday and did not like it at all. The sauce was an odd grey color. I made it just the way the recipe is written. Garlic was also over powering and I like garlic. Smelled really good while it was cooking :)
Jan 18, 2015
DELICIOUS!!! I can't believe that nobody has tried or rated this! My husband has been walking around since I made this saying "There is not one thing that I didn't love about that recipe!" And I agree. It was so easy to make and it had so much flavor. Will be making again and again and again.