Ham with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes20 servings (4-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (5 to 6 pounds)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Score the ham, making 1/2-in.-deep diamond shapes; insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cranberry sauce, garlic, mustard and pepper; pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°. Remove meat to a cutting board and keep warm; remove and discard cloves.
- Transfer sauce to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice ham and serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces ham with 3 tablespoons sauce: 176 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1218mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 5, 2015
I made this yesterday and did not like it at all. The sauce was an odd grey color. I made it just the way the recipe is written. Garlic was also over powering and I like garlic. Smelled really good while it was cooking :)
Jan 18, 2015
DELICIOUS!!! I can't believe that nobody has tried or rated this! My husband has been walking around since I made this saying "There is not one thing that I didn't love about that recipe!" And I agree. It was so easy to make and it had so much flavor. Will be making again and again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.