- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, toasted
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add horseradish and mustard; mix well. Stir in noodles, ham and cheese. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forHam-Noodle Bake
"my whole family loved this! it tasted just yummy down home was just delicious!!!"
"WAY too much sodium!! Leave out the salt, use no salt butter if you must use butter and low fat low sodium cheese. One serving of this recipe is half of a day's allowance of sodium."