We live on a working hog farm and love this savory, tasty burger. Everyone will love these burgers—even if your pork comes from the grocery store, not the farm! —Dawnita Phillips, Drexel, Missouri.
Recommended: Stuffed Burgers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and sweet onion, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Burgers in Taste of Home