“We live on a working hog farm and love this savory, tasty burger,” says Dawnita Phillips of Drexel, Missouri. Everyone will love these burgers, even if your pork comes from the grocery store, not the farm!
Recommended: 5-Star Grilling Recipes You've Gotta Try
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and sweet onion, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Burgers in Taste of Home