- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread mix, egg and butter. Stir in the corn, chilies, cheese and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and honey. Serve with warm bread. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGreen Chili Cornbread
"Our family - even the people who do not normally favor cornbread - love this recipe!"