Green Chili Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread and cake mixes. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, water and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Add chilies and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 1, 2017
These are really really good - I did substitute a pepper jack cheese and just a sprinkle of chili powder - huge hit at our house.
Oct 8, 2010
Loved the sweetness of these. The only thing I'd change next time is adding some fresh jalapenos for a little more kick. The chilies were too bland for my liking with the sweetness of the cake mix. Also I won't sprinkle with cheese next time.
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks for this great recipe! The muffins are light and delicious. I put all the cheese in the mix and made a savory topping with cream cheese, honey, hot sauce, buttermilk and some of the chilis. Garnished with small red pepper slices.
Apr 17, 2008
Flavor is okay, but the cheese on top hardens in a few minutes and is gross. I'd rather just make a box of Jiffy cornbread mix than make these again.