Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, combine muffin mixes and cayenne pepper. In another bowl, mix eggs, corn, buttermilk and 1/4 cup oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese, onion, chiles, pimiento strips and jalapeno.
- Brush remaining oil onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan; place in oven until hot, 4-5 minutes. Pour batter into hot pan. Bake until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 299 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 23, 2019
This cornbread is easy to prepare and very delicious. I added more cayenne pepper. Everyone loved it, its a go to recipe.
Nov 27, 2018
I can't believe no one has rated or reviewed this really easy and flavorful dish. Hits the mark on all notes as it is moist, flavorful and has just the right amount of heat. The only change I made was ditching the Cayenne Pepper (hot but not much flavor) and replacing it with either Berbere, Dundicut, Chipotle or even fresh Southern U.S. Bird Peppers. Other than the one ingredient we have made multiple batches as Mrs. Price recommends and it now is a staple in our house.