Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in cheese and chives.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 6, 2017
I did make this corn bread. The only ingredient change I've made was add 1 tsp. salt. I did bake bread in three 5 x 3" loaf pans. delowenstein
Jan 2, 2017
VERY good recipe!! I made this to go with Hoppin' John and the cheese and chives were the perfect pairing with the ham and black-eyed peas! It was a bit dry, so next time I make it I may add a can of creamed corn...... maybe a bit more cheese ..... maybe a tablespoon or two of Parmesan would work. All in all ....... this is a delicious cornbread///
Feb 2, 2015
This was good. Not sure I liked the addition of chives. The addition of the cheddar cheese was delicious All in all good.
Aug 9, 2014
Loved this cheesy cornbread! The chive addition with the sugar gave it a savory with a little sweet taste. It was great with chili!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.