Pan-roasting garlic cloves turns them into rich, creamy deliciousness. This chicken is fantastic with crusty Italian bread or mashed potatoes on the side. —Kathy Fleming, Lisle, Illinois
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice of your choice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same skillet, saute garlic in drippings over medium-high heat until light golden brown. Add wine and herbs; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until mixture is almost evaporated. Add broth and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads at least 170°, 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pan juices over chicken. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken with Herbs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Reviews forGarlic Chicken with Herbs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2017
"Simple and delicious. Perfect weeknight meal. I used vermouth because I always have on hand for 40 Cloves of Garlic chicken and love the depth of flavor it adds."