- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice of your choice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same skillet, saute garlic in drippings over medium-high heat until light golden brown. Add wine and herbs; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until mixture is almost evaporated. Add broth and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads at least 170°, 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pan juices over chicken. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Chicken with Herbs
"Simple and delicious. Perfect weeknight meal. I used vermouth because I always have on hand for 40 Cloves of Garlic chicken and love the depth of flavor it adds."