- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 French rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, bouillon and seasonings; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast, about 5 cups. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
Reviews forFrench Dip Sandwiches
"A big hit with everyone in the family and so easy to prepare."
"easy and delicious! If you're home when it's cooking, you'll be salivating all day; smells so good!!!!!"
"This french dip recipe is a regular at my house, easy to put together and always savory and filling. I add a thin slice of cheddar to the sandwich before serving and will dip the cut side of the bread in the au jus on request. Sometimes I add beef broth or consomme and sometimes a can of french onion soup along with the water for extra flavor. Edit: tonite I'm adding all three & beef better than boullion. Whew! I found this recipe again, so glad I had rated it but forgot to add to my recipe box. Awesome, thanks again!"
"good an easy."
"First time trying this.The whole family loved it.Broth is salty but I did not have any reduced sodium soy sauce,so I used regular.Sanwiches are good even without the dipping broth. easy recipe.Put in crock pot and go about your day."