- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Chicken Fajitas
"This is the best fajita recipe I've found yet. I prefer to sub lime juice in place of lemon juice, and I let the chicken marinate for a couple of hours. Also, I dump the chicken plus marinade into the skillet, without discarding the sauce. I love the inclusion of green onions in this recipe. I usually serve it with homemade guacamole. Everyone wants seconds!"
"I made these last night and they were really good! I chopped my chicken into chunks instead of strips so they are easier to eat. I will make them again soon! I made enough for leftovers for salads this week!"
"Very good! Not salty and very good flavor. Everybody loved it. I put everything into the electric skillet and marinaded the chicken over night."
"I just cooked this recipe to a tee for my Cuban family and everybody loved it. I doubled the portions of everything to make more for a big group of people and made a cilantro salsa to top it off with that just put the final touch on this restaurant quality recipe! The only thing different was I let the chicken marinate overnight which was a good choice because the flavors infused into the chicken and I splashed lemon juice all over the final product to get it extra zest plus it just looks cool and like I know what I'm doing. I don't. I'm just good at following directions :) Absolutely delicious! This is now my go to fajita recipe!!"
"My husband and I really enjoyed these. I just usedthe regular onions and omitted the green onions."
"My favorite chicken fajita recipe. Had this last night and for lunch today. Love it and so does my husband!"
"I have made this recipe a few times now and it is definitely flavorful! I make it exactly to the recipe and always refrigerate it overnight. This recipe is a keeper! Thank you! ??"