- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Chicken Fajitas
"This was delicious the fist time so I had to do it again.Thank you"
"DELICIOUS!!!! I only put my chicken in the marinade for an hour but still tasted amazing. Also I didn't have lemons so I used lime juice instead and nonetheless fajitas were amazing."
"So tasty!!! This will be an often used recipe at our house."
"Wow, this really is a 5 star recipe. I made these into fajita bowls with cauliflower rice and it was really phenomenal. The chicken was so tender and the onions and peppers were delish. Definitely reccommend!"
"This was soooooo good! Surprisingly, my hubs, who doesn't care for fajitas, had 3!!!! He said these were the best he's had! My son loved them too. Thanks for sharing!"
"This is delicious! I also made it with shrimp and it was also very good."
"This was given a thumbs up by the whole family. easy and delicious!"
"These were really good. I had a few options for everyone. They chose a tortilla, tortilla chips or rice to spoon this mixture over. Great either way!"