- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Chicken Fajitas
"My husband and I really enjoyed these. I just usedthe regular onions and omitted the green onions."
"My favorite chicken fajita recipe. Had this last night and for lunch today. Love it and so does my husband!"
"I have made this recipe a few times now and it is definitely flavorful! I make it exactly to the recipe and always refrigerate it overnight. This recipe is a keeper! Thank you! ??"
"This recipe is awesome as is! My husband recommended broiling the chicken in our toaster oven to keep the meat tender, 10 minutes per side , and while cooking the vegetables in the pan. It came together very quickly and turned out great!"
"This was so delicious and simple. We like things spicy so I also sprinkled in some hot sauce and as I was saut?ing the meat I also sprinkled a few drops of liquid smoke. Yummy!"
"I love fajitas and this recipe did not fail me. Delicious blend of spices! My husband prefers shrimp so for his I used the same seasonings and just added frozen shrimp instead of chicken. He said they were great!"
"Delish! The whole family raved, and the best part is it is such an easy meal to prepare. I had a cooled roasted chicken I needed to use, so I cut the breasts into thin slices. One family member cannot have seasoned salt so I used garlic salt instead and eliminated the garlic powder. I tossed the chicken with the marinade and let it sit for just a couple minutes while I sliced the peppers and onions. I saut?ed the peppers and onions in one pan and heated the chicken in another since some family members don't prefer the peppers. Such a winner meal!"