- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFlavorful Chicken Fajitas
"This is a fab recipe! I make the seasoning in large quantity and use 2 tabs of it every time I make it, that way it saves a lot of time."
"Very Good Mexican Flavored Fajitas... Hubby, Son & Grandbaby LOVED them.. Next time I'll add Black Beans per hubby's request... I did Saute chicken in a Tab. Spoon of Butter & used Veg. Oil for marinade as well... Will Defiantly be making again"
"This will be my third time making this dish via this recipe, it is simple and delicious! Took me about 15 mins to find this recipe after sifting through a bunch of different site recommendations, but only this one would do. I added 2 large garlic cloves and substituted peanut oil for canola, but only on my third attempt, and as it is still marinating, I can only highly suggest the recipe to a T, but that isn't a bad thing; this recipe is delicious on it's own! (Approved by my fiance and two children (8&10yrs old)"
"Best fajita recipe ever! My husband, who doesn't like "too many vegetables" in his dinner, gobbled these up. I usually double the recipe; it reheats just fine."
"This is the best fajita recipe I've found yet. I prefer to sub lime juice in place of lemon juice, and I let the chicken marinate for a couple of hours. Also, I dump the chicken plus marinade into the skillet, without discarding the sauce. I love the inclusion of green onions in this recipe. I usually serve it with homemade guacamole. Everyone wants seconds!"
"I made these last night and they were really good! I chopped my chicken into chunks instead of strips so they are easier to eat. I will make them again soon! I made enough for leftovers for salads this week!"
"Very good! Not salty and very good flavor. Everybody loved it. I put everything into the electric skillet and marinaded the chicken over night."