Egg Roll Noodle Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 2 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Additional soy sauce, optional
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook and crumble pork until browned, 4-6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, garlic and seasonings. Add cabbage and carrots; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes longer.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain and immediately add to pork mixture, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with green onions. If desired, serve with additional soy sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 302 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 5, 2019
Giving it a few extra stars only for a change I had to make...My rice noodles looked a lot different than in the video and I think that made a huge difference, unfortunately.
Aug 1, 2019
Really does taste like an egg roll! If you miss the crunch, you can always add some fried wonton strips to your bowl, but the recipe is perfect and delicious as written. Super simple to make. Great for busy nights when you don't have lots of energy to cook or need to get the kids fed fast.
Jul 19, 2019
FANTASTIC!! I use red chili sesame oil to spice it up a bit. Other than that, I follow the recipe just as it’s written and have never had it turn out less than phenomenal! My husband likes to throw a few chow mein noodles on his for a bit more texture/crunch. Such a family favorite!!
Jul 11, 2019
We loved this!! My husband said it was a keeper. I used one boneless chicken breast cut into tiny pieces, and sprinkled just a pinch of red pepper flakes. It was a tad dry when I added the noodles, so increased the amount of soy sauce and a little chicken broth to loosen it up. Will definitely be making this often.
Jul 10, 2019
Jun 10, 2019
I’m mystified by all of these reviews... I made this tonight and it was dry and bland. No one liked it at all! Will not be making it again.
Jun 2, 2019
My whole family loves this (including my 2 and 4 year old; they can’t eat it fast enough!) I have made it many times and tried with tofu, ground turkey, scrambled eggs, you name it. So versatile!
May 24, 2019
Really fast and easy meal. Ingredients are items that are usually readily available. Definitely a quick go to when hungry .
Apr 26, 2019
A really fast and easy meal to prep, especially when using the suggested shortcuts. My husband and I loved it. Definitely a keeper.
Apr 23, 2019
Easy, light, delicious! I did use cole slaw mix and it worked great !