Easy Mexican Brownies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Whisk together brownie mix and spices. Transfer mixture to a 1-qt. glass jar. Top with chocolate chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 3 months.
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk eggs, oil and water until blended. Gradually add chocolate chips and brownie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake), 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 173 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 15, 2019
Muy bien!!! Loved the different tastes of cinnamon and ancho chili powder. Brownies are moist, and the dark chocolate is tasty. Will make these again.
Sep 15, 2019
Loved these brownies! Just the right amount of heat. So easy to make! Took them to a party and brought home an empty pan!