Easy Mexican Brownies
I was hosting a fun Mexican-themed cocktail party and needed a quick dessert. Dressing up an ordinary box brownie mix made life easy and delicious! —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Whisk together brownie mix and spices. Transfer mixture to a 1-qt. glass jar. Top with chocolate chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 3 months.
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk eggs, oil and water until blended. Gradually add chocolate chips and brownie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake), 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 173 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Easy Mexican Brownies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.