Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 to 20 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a microwave, heat tortillas in batches until warm, about 45 seconds. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of beef mixture off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 to 3 tablespoons cheese and roll up.
- Wrap burrito in paper towel, then in foil. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Refrigerate. Eat burritos cold, or remove foil and heat paper towel-wrapped burrito in a microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2017
These were awesome. It sure beats the taco seasoning you get in packets. will definitely make again.
Apr 27, 2012
have made it a few times now... Love it.. I have given this recipe to everyone that has tried them... Really make these , they are just so good..
Feb 24, 2012
awesome!!! The filling takes great as a dip w/ tortilla chips. It is also perfect if you replace all of the beef w/ additional refried beans - vegetarian burritos. Yummy
Dec 6, 2011
This was such a simple and healthy recipe I used ground turkey, and doubled the recipe.I made it for a church potluck. Everyone loved them and I took home the extras and froze them.
Oct 15, 2011
This was great, the burrito was fantastic.
Apr 18, 2011
Very good flavor for the filling. Just a touch too salty, so will cut the salt next time. I'm afraid I over-filled my tortillas so it only made 10 with a little mixture leftover. Made a yummy dinner and it is a good snack for my growing boys after school. Will definitley make again.
Jan 1, 2011
Love to make these, they are quick and easy, plus you can freeze them for later use. I toasted mine in the oven before serving though. This keeps the shell closed. These are yummy!
Oct 18, 2010
We didn't have any cheddar cheese, so we just used Mozzarella. It turned out great! We also put some shredded green leaf lettuce, salsa, and sour cream in our burritos and it added a lot of flavor. Very, very, very yummy and simple!
Nov 16, 2009
These were delicious & SO convenient! Both my husband & I thought this was a very good idea,for someone to come up with this recipe.Beings there is no lettuce or other veggies in them, you don't have to worry about them being soggy. I set them out for a little while so they aren't real cold when ready to eat.Very good choice of foods you Love!
Nov 14, 2009
Explain this to me, "judedarlin"...How can you review a recipe that you HAVE NEVER MADE?? How can you give it "3 stars" based on reading the ingredients? This is absurd, and I really think it's ridiculous. Come back and review it and rate it after you make it..that will lend some credibility to your rating and review. It's very odd to come on here and say, "I "would" definitely make this recipe"....and give it a rating!! huh?? WEIRD.I had to click on "yes or no" and the number of stars in order to make this comment, but I wouldn't do so just to tell everyone how I "would" make this recipe!! sheesh.