- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and flour until blended. Whisk in eggs, corn syrup, lemon peel, lemon juice and melted butter until blended. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until filling is golden brown and thickened, 40-45 minutes; cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil; cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until cold.
- For whipped cream, in a bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Serve pie with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Lemon Pie
"Delicious and so easy to make! Tastes just like a lemon meringue pie without all the work. If you don't feel like preparing the sweetened whipped cream, then just serve with cool whip on the side. Don't put the cool whip on the pie while chilling. I did the first time and it just broke down. Maybe because of the lemon juice!? Please make this pie the night before you want to serve it. The true lemon meringue pie flavor is worth the wait!!"
"Wow!!! I made this recipe for our family picnic and it was a huge hit!! The lemon is so tangy and refreshing with the sweetened whipped cream .... the perfect compliment to this delicious pie!! I will be making this again, for sure!"