Easy Barbecued Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Remove chops and keep warm. Add green pepper, celery and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften.
- Return pork chops to the pan. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, broth and chili powder. Pour over chops and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 312 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 7, 2017
Delicious and easy what more needs to be said.
Jan 20, 2016
Tasty, easy and quick--excellent weeknight dinner. It made a lot of sauce, which is a good thing. We'll be looking forward to ways to use it as it was delicious. I served the chops with sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and a chopped salad with a BBQ/Ranch dressing. We will definitely be making this again.
Jul 14, 2014
My whole family loved this. It was quick, easy & very tasty. I did cut back on the chili powder...only used 1/2 tsp. (My husband & my 88 yr old Mother can't take the heat.) It was still terrific.
Oct 30, 2013
Good recipe, quick, family really liked it. Paired it with scalloped potatoes and green beans
Dec 28, 2011
mere words cannot describe how good this recipe is!! I HATE HATE anything barbecue...store bought sauce is horrible....this is fantastic!!
Apr 6, 2009
How did we get 867 mg of sodium out of this? There is no salt in the recipe. Is 1/4 cup of chicken broth (reduced sodium)doing that? Oh, I see one cup of ketchup. Let's do 1/2 c ketchup and 1/2 cup no sodium tomato sauce. Or dilute even more, if you should. Look at every recipe you think looks good and think of ways to remedy it to you healthful recipe according to your personal needs. Thanks for all your great ideas.
Feb 28, 2009
my whole family loved this!!