- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) whole dill pickles, undrained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split
- Giardiniera, optional
- Cut roast in half and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add pickles with juice, chili sauce and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard pickles. Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat. Return to the slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup meat mixture. If desired, top meat with giardiniera. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forDilly Beef Sandwiches
"Thanks for posting this! I found it years ago in one of the Taste of Living magazines and lost it. This is great for those who don't really care for 'sweet' BBQ!"
"Very good and so easy."
"My soon to be mother in law made these, and it was spectacular!!!"
"Just plain delicious."
"I love these!!!"
"This was amazingly good. I can't even eat dill pickles normally. My husband rates this as the best way to eat shredded beef."