- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 30 slices cocktail rye or pumpernickel bread
- 60 thin cucumber slices
- Fresh dill sprigs, red pearl onions, optional
- Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and dressing mix until blended; let stand 30 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on bread. Top with cucumber and, if desired, dill and red onion slivers. Cut diagonally in half if desired. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCucumber Party Sandwiches
"Very good and easy to make. I didn't have dill sprigs or chive blossoms available, so I sprinkled a little dill weed AND paprika on top. Tasty and nice appearance."
"I didnt have Italian dressing mix, so I used Kraft Italian red pepper dressing in place. Everyone loved the sandwiches, but also thought it would make a good dip for chips or pretzels."
"I am new to cooking and entertaining. This recipe is really easy and everyone loves it."
"I made these for our school art fair reception using the Outback pumpernickle bread instead of rye, and they were devoured by everyone. i was surprised that the teenagers loved these so much. A little extra time to make, but so worth it. Make the spread ahead to give time for flavors to meld."