Summer Tea Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 24 slices soft multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium cantaloupe, cut into 12 thin slices
- Combine the tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cool to room temperature; thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, dill, lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over 12 bread slices. Top with cucumber, chicken, cantaloupe and remaining bread. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 sandwich halves: 212 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 7, 2018
Love these! So refreshing and light. Had to make two versions as there are some that have a "no meat with fruit" thing going on so I subbed out the cantaloupe for a mild Vermont cheddar. Both are delicious, but my fave is as written. Thanks for sharing!
Jun 25, 2014
What a wonderful, refreshing, delicate, yummy sandwich! Instead of making little tea sandwiches, I made a whole sandwich for dinner last night (with the crust on). Today I had one for lunch, and it tasted even better letting the flavors in the spread meld overnight. I will definitely be making this one often!