"My husband loves shrimp, so I'm always looking for different ways to fix it," explains Jackie Hannahs of Fountain, Michigan. "This easy recipe, nicely seasoned with fresh garlic, tastes so good."
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and oregano in butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and cheeses; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp; heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Linguine in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p51
Reviews forCreamy Shrimp Linguine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review