Creamy Herbed Potato Salad
I found this recipe in a magazine in an orthodontist’s office over 25 years ago. I wrote it on an old piece of paper, which I found in my purse, and still have it that way in my card file. It’s the best potato salad recipe I have every tried.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, pickles, green pepper and egg. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 218 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Potato Salad in Reminisce June/July 2007
Jan 31, 2013
My daughter found this recipe in one of your cookbooks. We make adjustments to the recipe depending on who we are making it for. It's now a family favorite; and we bring it to all family and friend get -togethers.