- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, butter, onion and salt. Add potatoes; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Hash Brown Bake
"I made this for Cristmas Eve family dinner. It was delicious! I did not put the chips on top, however. Also my pickey husband would not have tried it with the O'Brien potatoes because they have bits of red pepper in them so I used plain frozen hash browns. Since those are in a bag of 32oz. I added a little extra cream of mushroom soup from the green bean casserole I was making to provide extra creaminess for the extra potatoes. You could also add a little extra sour cream or milk if you are worried about needing extra moistness. I will make these again!"
"Pretty goood. Going to leave the chips off next time and sprinkle a little extra cheese on top."
"It made to much to for two people. Next time I'll cut it in half. It was good and creamy. Thank you"