Cranberry-Glazed Turkey Breast
This tasty, golden brown turkey breast is just four ingredients away! And with its low sodium, fat and cholesterol levels, you can feel good about eating it. “It’s simply delicious,” says Audrey Petterson of Maidstone Saskatchewan, Canada.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1-1/4 cups jellied cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce, apple juice concentrate and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Carefully loosen skin of turkey breast. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce for basting and 3/4 cup for serving. Spoon remaining sauce onto the turkey, rubbing mixture under and over the skin.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Warm reserved 3/4 cup sauce; serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 244 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Glaze in Light & Tasty October/November 2007