Comforting Chicken A La King
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 individually frozen biscuits
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Serve with biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 550 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2018
Good start but modified to 2/3 broth and 1/3 heavy cream and substituted chopped fresh red pepper for the pimento. Also added white wine and result was 5 stars.
Oct 22, 2017
This is quick and easy and tastes like the dish you used to get at the fancy department store restaurant with Grandma. Love it!
Mar 29, 2017
Yummie! I will be making this one often! I used a rotisserie chicken to save time. Really easy and quick to put together, too. Grandkids even liked it!
Mar 15, 2017
Great basic recipe. I added peas instead of green pepper, garlic, a splash of sherry and a dollop of sour cream.
Mar 15, 2017
Great basic recipe. I used peas instead of green peppers. Also added garlic, a splash of sherry and a dollop of sour cream.
Feb 20, 2016
Great recipe, clear and simple. The only thing I added was a touch of tarragon. The family raved, so I will make it again. I like simple recipes so I can add my personal touch once I am used to making it.
Jan 20, 2016
Easy basic recipe but it a needed a bit more flavor and liquid. Added several chopped cloves of garlic, several tablespoons of cream sherry and about an1/8th cup more milk. delicious...
Dec 11, 2015
Serve this over your favorite cornbread recipe! It's a winner!
Jul 5, 2015
I love it. Great comfort food. I do add a bit more salt, but not much.
Jun 6, 2015
bland but tastes good