Chicken A La King for Four
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 6 slices bread, toasted and halved
- In a large skillet, saute celery and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, milk and pepper. Add the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toast.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 370 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 2, 2011
I did not really like this recipe. Too bland for me and I did not like the soggy toast. Maybe it would have been better over biscuits.
Sep 24, 2008
This is so easy and quick to make and it tastes great!! I leave out the mushrooms since we don't like them. Everyone enjoys this - thanks for the recipe!