Church Supper Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes and garlic with the cream cheese and butter. Add sour cream, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, garlic salt, onion salt and spinach. Stir just until mixed. Spread into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 201 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 16, 2012
These are the best! My family and friends ask me to make these all the time. I wouldn't change a thing!
Feb 2, 2012
These were delicious! The only change I made was to add a little milk to make it a little softer texture to suit personal preference.