Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with the remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 300 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 19, 2016
This has become our favorite mashed potato recipe for holiday meals. So good.
Mar 14, 2015
These are my grandson's favorite potatoes. There are never any left. The only thing I changed was I use the golden potatoes. Wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Aug 7, 2013
Tasty. Creamy. Easy. Quite the combination that makes this recipe a welcome addition to the kitchen arsenal.
Dec 22, 2011
Yuuuum! These were awesome.
Oct 1, 2011
I've been using this recipe for quite a few years. Whenever I'm having guests I make these potatoes a day or two ahead. Who wants to be mashing potatoes at the last minute when you're making the gravy, vegetables, etc? Another plus is that they keep their smooth consistency when reheating.
Apr 21, 2011
Definately my favorite mashed potato recipe...perfect even without baking them.
Feb 4, 2011
We always make these mashed potatoes. We don't use a dutch oven and they still turn out just fine. I've even not baked them in the oven and they still turn out great.
Dec 29, 2010
Best mashed potatoes ever! Not low-calorie, but delicious. :)
Nov 25, 2010
Wow, these are delicious! If you're going to go through the trouble of making real mashed potatoes (as opposed to instant), then use this recipe! It's so creamy, and not too salty. I used reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cream cheese, and these turned out perfect.
Sep 19, 2010
My family loves these! II do not mash them first, just beat them and I add some garlic powder and seasoned salt to taste. They are GREAT!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.