Mashed Potatoes with a Kick
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 medium potatoes (3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 254 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 27, 2013
Aug 13, 2013
I've had my eyes on this recipe for awhile but was a little unsure how the horseradish would taste. Finally made it & loved the flavor the horseradish added to the potatoes! Yum! It was the perfect amount, not overpowering, but the flavor is definitely there. I didn't have heavy whipping cream, so substituted 4 oz. cream cheese & 1/2 cup sour cream. Next time, I might try it with the whipping cream.
Apr 23, 2012
Anyone have any suggestions not using the horseradish. I don't think I will use the horseradish again but the heavy cream..ummm
Jun 12, 2010
Everybody among my family and friends loves these potatoes. They never guess the secret ingredient of what makes them so good, and they're always surprised that it is horseradish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.