- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute chicken in drippings until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, cheese, paprika and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a serving bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Garnish with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon
"We loved this! I'm wondering, the reviewers who say this is bland......do you season your chicken and pasta? I mean, I do follow recipes pretty much exact, but I always season my meat and other ingredients, such as pasta or vegetables, with kosher salt and pepper. We seasoned up our chicken while it was cooking, along with the fettuccine, and this was absolutely heavenly! Had to leave the shrooms out for my husband's preference, but I'll make this again when he's working out of town! Love it!"
"I felt this was rather bland too. I added three garlic cloves, but omitted the paprika. Instead, I added a bit of nutmeg, which is normally used in Alfredo sauce. The sauce didn't thicken up and was very runny. I used one cup of milk and one half cup of fat free 1/2 n 1/2. The second night, I made a regular Alfredo sauce and added it. It was very good and I added a bit of flour to the sauce to thicken it."
"My whole family loves it, even my two picky kids."
"I added chopped brocoli to mines with a bit of italian seasoning."
"My family loves this recipe! I would much rather make this then eat it at a restaurant."
"I have made this dish a couple of times and my family loves it. Even my picky eater asked me to make it again."
"This was a good recipe for Alfredo but it needs a lot more garlic, in my garlic-loving opinion anyway! Didn't add the mushrooms as most of the family doesn't like them... And I also like to add the bacon to each individual portion - I prefer crispy bacon and it doesn't stay that way long when mixed in with the pasta."
"The recipe was delicious. I bought a package of Alfredo sauce that I was going to add to it just in case it tasted bland, but I did not find the need to include the sauce. I used low-fat half and half. I also added about a cup of chopped broccoli to the recipe. I would probably add a little more garlic next time."
"Absolutely LOVE this recipe!! I would definitely make it again for sure!"
"I made this for a Sunday dinner and it was excellent! This was thoroughly enjoyed by five adults and three children ages 7,4 and 3.I doubled the recipe but put in 8 oz. of mushrooms since not all of my family like them. I just made it two weeks ago and already requests are being made again. I also used 1 lb. of bacon and all the drippings. None of us found this bland at all."