Chicken and Broccoli with Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add broccoli and broth to same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until broccoli is just tender, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli from pan, reserving broth. Keep broccoli warm.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, dill and milk until smooth; stir into broth in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Serve with broccoli.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 274 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 8, 2018
I can't get over how easy and yummy this recipe was!! I served it with rice and the whole family loved it. Loved the extra flavor the broth gives the broccoli. Will definitely be making it again!
Apr 14, 2018
Delicious! I doubled the sauce because I wanted some to moisten some leftover mac & cheese. Also steamed the broccoli separately...just easier for me. Served all in a large bowl after slicing the cooked chicken. Will definitely make this again. Glad you submitted this recipe, Kallee!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.