Chicken and Broccoli with Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add broccoli and broth to same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until broccoli is just tender, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli from pan, reserving broth. Keep broccoli warm.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, dill and milk until smooth; stir into broth in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Serve with broccoli.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 274 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Dec 18, 2019
The sauce was pretty bland. After tasting it, I added some season salt and garlic salt. It was what it needed. With that, I would have rated it higher. But as is, nit so great
Oct 29, 2019
Made a few changes because sauce did not thicken i dumped it and did eaual parts oil and flour then added milk and broth slowly stirring constantly. Added dill pepper salt and garlic. I enjoyed it. Just a little bland for this cajun. Will make it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Apr 23, 2019
A very good dish but seems the sauce was missing something. Maybe some cream in the sauce for richness, or butter. Love the flavor of the broccoli steaming it in the broth.
Apr 4, 2019
I’m a big fan of dill, so I thought I’d really enjoy this. Unfortunately, not the case. I made it exactly as written. The combination of broth, chicken, milk and dill was just odd and unappetizing. We ate it, but I won’t make it again.
Mar 28, 2019
I sauteed fresh garlic in the oil instead of using garlic salt, so that I could adjust the sodium content. I also used low sodium chicken broth, and sliced the chicken breast into 3 wide slices each, and put back into the sauce to heat and put the broccoli on top with the lid to reheat it. I served this with noodles, a.s that's what my granddaughter loves. This recipe was a hit and is definitely a keeper!
May 8, 2018
I can't get over how easy and yummy this recipe was!! I served it with rice and the whole family loved it. Loved the extra flavor the broth gives the broccoli. Will definitely be making it again!
Apr 14, 2018
Delicious! I doubled the sauce because I wanted some to moisten some leftover mac & cheese. Also steamed the broccoli separately...just easier for me. Served all in a large bowl after slicing the cooked chicken. Will definitely make this again. Glad you submitted this recipe, Kallee!!!