Pork Schnitzel with Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 pork sirloin cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- DILL SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In a second shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. In a third bowl, mix bread crumbs and paprika.
- Pound pork cutlets with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; add to same skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream and dill; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 451 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 19, 2017
Have been making versions of this my entire life. Both my parents came from Europe - every person I have made this meal for now puts their own spin on this. Fantastci basic recipe to play with.
Sep 2, 2017
The wiener schnitzel was amazing. but the sauce was totally disgusting. Inedible and threw it away. Find another recipe for the sauce. This one tasted like warm thickened sour cream. Yuk!! Husband born in Germany and his mother came here with him when she was in her late 20's. It is like she used to make. Very flavorful and attractive. Cooks really fast.
Apr 7, 2017
I've tried making pork schnitzel a few times but could never quite find "the" recipe. My search is now over. My family absolutely loved this. The paprika gives the delicious crispy crust a beautiful color. The dill sauce was the perfect compliment. Once the prep work is done this dish is fast, and definitely company worthy!
Aug 21, 2016
Got this EXACT recipe from the Wisconsin Gas & Electric company Home Economist in the early 1970s . Didn't like it then. Tried this again and still don't like it. This time tossed BOTH copies out.
Apr 22, 2015
This was only ok for us. It wasn't awful, but it was not terribly flavorful. Just a little too bland for our household.
Feb 24, 2015
Was very good & we loved the sauce. It was an added bonus.
Dec 29, 2014
Sour cream dill sauce is a must! I breaded the pork ahead of time and put it on a plate in the fridge. Once company arrived, it cooked up quickly. Wonderful flavor.
Oct 23, 2014
My husband, who travels often to Germany for business, gave this high marks!
Oct 16, 2014
This was a hit! My family enjoyed it. I'll add chopped onion to the dill sauce next time because I thought it was a little on the bland side.
Oct 5, 2014
Delicious and so much fun to make. The pork was well seasoned and tasty and the sauce went really well with it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.