- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, mix milk, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in broccoli and cheese. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forBroccoli Muffins
"very good muffins, loved tham on the firest bite"
"no flavor except a hint of sweet? Very nice texture and appearance so I'll try them again with the addition of some cayenne, mustard and perhaps ground pepper."