- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/3 cups julienned fully cooked ham, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and broccoli; heat through.
- Spread 1/2 cup broccoli mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, a third of the remaining broccoli mixture, 1 cup ham and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Top with three noodles, half the remaining broccoli mixture, all the chicken and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Top with remaining noodles, broccoli mixture and ham.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Chicken Lasagna
"Make more sauce. There wasn't enough to cover. I made this also without the ham."
"I don't care for mushrooms so substituted water chestnuts. Loved the taste. I think I would also try this with a different vegetable blend and maybe different cheeses for variety, though I love broccoli and Monterey Jack or CoJack cheese."
"This was an excellent recipe. I also used steamed fresh broccoli, fat free milk & fat free cheese to lighten it up. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"I would make this again! My husband raved over this! I likes it a lot also! the only thing I owuld do diffrent is maybe add a can of cream of celery or mushroom and maybe a half a can of milk as I thought the noodles sucked up a lot of the liquid and made it a bit dry. Other than that great flavor. I also used fresh broccoli and added a few extra mushrooms because I had that leftover from the weekend and didnt want to waste fresh mushrooms."
"This recipe takes a little extra prep work, but is worth it! It has a great flavor and my family loves it!"