- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 pound medium nectarines, peeled, sliced and patted dry or 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Set aside 3/4 cup batter. Fold blueberries into remaining batter.
- Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange nectarines on top; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over nectarines. Sprinkle with raspberries, blackberries and reserved topping.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forBerry Nectarine Buckle
"I really enjoyed this recipe. My husband on the other hand LOVED this recipe. He said next time I make it...you will make it again....it may have a serving size of 1 instead of 20. We both agreed that it is good for desert as well as breakfast and a tea. I like that it uses fresh or frozen fruit. I had a little problem with the directions the first time but I'll get it right next time. I could go on and on. Just make it."
"Loved this recipe! Yummy and easy to make! I also served it warm with frozen vanilla yogurt! Delicious!"
"Winner!!! Especially when the local grocer had all these fruits on sale. I served this up at our church with a scoop of Vanilla Yogurt. It was a HIT."
"Super yummy- omitted raspberry and blackberry as my husband ate them before I made the recipe. Served with cool whip. No one knew it was healthier version."
"I have made this several times. Every time someone asks for the recipe. I use peaches in the place of nectarines. Delicious!"
"This was very easy to make. This was excellent .The company I had over loved and they each wanted the recipe. I'm sure I will be making many more times."
"Vollie at a Sr. Cit'z meal prep center (right at 1,000 meals per day) and we do something very close to this.DO MORE!!'Nuff said?"
"I have made this since seeing it in my Light & Tasty Mag in 2006 and it is always a hit! Freezes well and is a wonderful flavor treat for the seasonal recipes!"