Blueberry Buckle with Streussel Topping
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well. Toss berries in remaining flour; fold into batter (discard any flour that doesn't stick to berries). Spread batter in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine flour, sugars and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 371 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 27, 2017
FANTASTIC! Brought it to work today and had numerous compliments. I doubled the recipe and cooked it about 15 additional minutes. I'll definitely make this again and probably never make any other recipe again.
May 26, 2015
Very good. It was a hit with the family. It was moist and not dry like other coffee cakes.
Jul 26, 2013
Delicious! I served it with frozen blueberry yogurt!
Aug 3, 2010
Just made this tonight. My son told me about something like this so I thought I would give it a try. It came out so VERY moist. Just the right amount of blue berries and toppings. Will definitely make this again and might bring it to a party this weekend.
Jul 22, 2010
Ever since this was published in the magazine, I have made it. It is by far the best buckle I have ever had or made. My family loves it and yours will too.
Jul 17, 2009
My husband loves blueberries. I'll try this for our next family gathering!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.