Lemon Raspberry Buckle
I've given a fresh summery twist to the classic blueberry buckle everyone loves by swapping out the blueberries for raspberries (my favorite) and adding sweet and tart lemon curd. This berry buckle cake recipe tastes great with vanilla ice cream! —Jenna Fleming, Lowville, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; sprinkle over batter. Drop lemon curd by tablespoonfuls over raspberries. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake 45-50 minutes until bubbly and a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream and more fresh raspberries.
Keyword: berry buckle cake recipe MSV: 90
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 335 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Raspberry Buckle in Fast Track 2019