Berry Nectarine Buckle
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 pound medium nectarines, peeled, sliced and patted dry or 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Set aside 3/4 cup batter. Fold blueberries into remaining batter.
- Spoon into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange nectarines on top; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Drop reserved batter by teaspoonfuls over nectarines. Sprinkle with raspberries, blackberries and reserved topping.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 177 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 23, 2019
Getting ready to make. Does anyone know if it can be frozen or how long will it last in the frig?
Nov 19, 2016
Excellent recipe! You can have a piece for breakfast or add some ice cream and make it a dessert. My family loved it.
Aug 23, 2014
I really enjoyed this recipe. My husband on the other hand LOVED this recipe. He said next time I make it...you will make it again....it may have a serving size of 1 instead of 20. We both agreed that it is good for desert as well as breakfast and a tea. I like that it uses fresh or frozen fruit. I had a little problem with the directions the first time but I'll get it right next time. I could go on and on. Just make it.
Aug 21, 2014
Loved this recipe! Yummy and easy to make! I also served it warm with frozen vanilla yogurt! Delicious!
Aug 21, 2014
Winner!!! Especially when the local grocer had all these fruits on sale. I served this up at our church with a scoop of Vanilla Yogurt. It was a HIT.
Aug 14, 2014
Aug 16, 2012
Super yummy- omitted raspberry and blackberry as my husband ate them before I made the recipe. Served with cool whip. No one knew it was healthier version.
Aug 13, 2012
I have made this several times. Every time someone asks for the recipe. I use peaches in the place of nectarines. Delicious!
Aug 12, 2012
This was very easy to make. This was excellent .The company I had over loved and they each wanted the recipe. I'm sure I will be making many more times.
Aug 9, 2012
Vollie at a Sr. Cit'z meal prep center (right at 1,000 meals per day) and we do something very close to this.DO MORE!!'Nuff said?