Raspberry Moscow Mule Cake
This Moscow mule cake is my favorite cake I've ever made from scratch. It's so moist and flavorful and reminds me of my favorite cocktail. —Becky Hardin, St. Peters, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup alcoholic raspberry ginger beer or non-alcoholic plain ginger beer
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup alcoholic raspberry ginger beer or non-alcoholic plain ginger beer
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk cake flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with ginger beer, beating well after each addition (mixture may appear curdled).
- Gently fold raspberries into batter; pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 70-80 minutes. Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, ginger beer and lime juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Poke holes in warm cake using a fork or wooden skewer. Slowly spoon syrup over cake. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely. For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and enough lime juice to reach desired consistency; pour over cake. Let stand until set. If desired, top with additional fresh raspberries.
Test Kitchen tip