Raspberry Moscow Mule Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup alcoholic raspberry ginger beer or nonalcoholic plain ginger beer
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup alcoholic raspberry ginger beer or nonalcoholic plain ginger beer
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk cake flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with ginger beer, beating well after each addition (mixture may appear curdled).
- Gently fold raspberries into batter; pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 70-80 minutes. Meanwhile, for syrup, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, ginger beer and lime juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Poke holes in warm cake using a fork or wooden skewer. Slowly spoon syrup over cake. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely. For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and enough lime juice to reach desired consistency; pour over cake. Let stand until set. If desired, top with additional fresh raspberries.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 488 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 30, 2020
Fabulous cake, was a great hit with all my guests. I couldn't find raspberry ginger beer so I used ginger beer and in the syrup I added about a tsp of sugar free raspberry Jello powder. Added some red color to the cake along with raspberry flavor. The start lime flavor, raspberry and spice of ginger is a great summer combination. This will be a go to recipe for me!
Apr 15, 2020
Ceege...The cake will rise because of the beer.
Mar 19, 2020
I saved this in my cake folder and can't wait to try it. I do have one question. Why is there no baking powder or baking soda in this recipe. What will make the cake rise. It looks beautiful in the picture (and yummy)
Dec 17, 2019
Fantastic recipe Becky. Crabbies Raspberry Ginger Beer is the way to go. Made this for holiday party. Big hit!!