Blueberry-Apple Cobbler with Almond Topping
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1-1/4 cups shredded peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ALMOND CRUMBLE:
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to . 375°In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add blueberries, apples and lemon juice; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For biscuit topping, in a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Whisk cream, yogurt and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit.
- For almond crumble, in another bowl, combine almonds, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 341 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2014
I loved this cobbler. It's delicious and not too sweet.
Feb 3, 2013
Was very good. We ate it with a scoop of ice cream. Next time I will try to 1/2 it as it is way too much o 3 or 4 people.